The venue of FEMTO12 will be the Campus Hamburg Bahrenfeld of DESY and the University of Hamburg. Talks will be held in the DESY lecture hall, building 5 (please see campus map below). Refreshments and poster sessions will be in the FEMTO12 tent, located near to building 5. The welcoming reception on Sunday will be in the CFEL building (building 99).
DESY, Notkestrasse 85, 22607 Hamburg
Universität Hamburg, Luruper Chaussee 149, 22761 Hamburg
The Side entrance is opened for motorists from Monday to Friday 06:00 to 19:00, and closed on weekends. It is accessible to pedestrians and cyclists constantly, although after 19:00 you will need to ring the bell next to the gate and state your destination to the porter via the intercom.
Important information about bus route changes due to roadworks
We were recently informed that, due to road works in Notkestrasse, which begin Monday, 13.7.2015, busses will not go down Notkestrasse and hence no busses will stop at Zum Hünengrab/DESY (the bus stop by the DESY main entrance). We apologise for the inconvenience, but it is completely out of our control. There are three alternatives to reach the conference venue by bus:
- The bus route 186 will be stopping at the bus stop "Gross Flottbecker Strasse". From there you can walk up the street "Zum Hünnengrab" to the DESY main entrance. The walking distance is 500 m, slightly uphill, to reach the DESY main entrance.
- Take the bus route M2 to the bus stop Luruper Chaussee/DESY. Enter the campus via the side entrance and walk over Campus to the conference location.
- Take any of the bus routes M1, M2, or M3 to bus stop Trabrennbahn/Bahrenfeld. From there, take a taxi to the conference location.
Please use one of these alternatives instead of the Zum Hünengrab/DESY bus stop.
Access to the campus for cars will remain unhindered throughout the duration of the conference. Only the bus routes are affected.
How to reach DESY from Hamburg Airport
- Take S-Bahn line S 1 (direction Wedel) to S-Bahn station “Othmarshen” - traveling time approx. 25 min, continue on foot - leave the S-Bahn station “Othmarschen” at the Waitzstrasse exit, turn right at the bottom of the stairs, turn left onto Waitzstrasse, turn right onto Gross Flottbeker Strasse and follow that road directly to DESY - walking time approx. 25 min.
- Optional: taxi, traveling time approx. 15-20 min. (longer in heavy traffic)
How to reach DESY from Hamburg Altona Station (Railway Station)
- Take bus line M2 (direction Schenefeld Mitte) directly to the DESY side entrance (bus stop Luruper Chaussee DESY) - traveling time approx. 25 min.
- Optional: taxi - traveling time approx. 15 min.
How to reach DESY by car
- Exit the Autobahn (A7) at HH-Bahrenfeld. Arriving in Hamburg from the South: turn left onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). Arriving in Hamburg from the North: turn right onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). After approx. 1.5 km, turn right onto Notkestraße. The DESY main entrance is the second road on the left.