The 12th Femtochemistry Conference (FEMTO12) - Frontiers of ultrafast phenomena in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics - will take place in Hamburg, Germany, from 12 to 17 July 2015.
The venue will be the Campus Bahrenfeld of DESY and the University of Hamburg. FEMTO12 will bring together scientists from all over the world to present and discuss the most recent advances in femtosciences, including reaction dynamics, coherent control, structural dynamics, solvation phenomena, liquids and interfaces, fast processes in biological systems, strong field processes, attosecond electron dynamics and aggregates, surfaces and solids with contributions from both theory and experiment.
FEMTO12 builds on the rich history of previous Femtochemistry meetings:
- 1993: Berlin, Germany (organized by Jörn Manz),
- 1995: Lausanne, Switzerland (Majed Chergui),
- 1997: Lund, Sweden (Villy Sundström),
- 1999: Leuven, Belgium (Frans De Schryver),
- 2001: Toledo, Spain (Abderrazzak Douhal),
- 2003: Paris, France (Monique Martin and James Hynes),
- 2005: Washington DC, USA (A. Welford Castleman),
- 2007: Oxford, UK (David Clary),
- 2009: Beijing, China (Dongping Zhong and Qihuang Gong),
- 2011: Madrid, Spain (Luis Bañares and Jesus Santamaria), and
- 2013: Copenhagen, Denmark (Niels E. Henriksen).